We are a thriving urban center known for our world-class colleges, vibrant culture, diverse outdoor activities, and innovative industries.
Creating a community that people are proud to call home.
Strategic Priorities and Goals
Kết quả xổ số miền bắc thứ 2The City Council established six Tier 1 priorities and seven Tier 2 priorities.
Tier 1 Priorities
- Determine the sworn officers needed by assessing tasks performed and identifying a path for adding officers to the streets to manage continued growth and calls for service.
- Identify clear objectives to address homelessness and develop a cross-departmental approach.
- Research and implement proven approaches to address affordable housing.
- Advocate for new, sustainable, and equitable sources of revenue for the City and ensure equitable allocation of resources at the state and local level.
- Maintain comprehensive fiscal sustainability with a long-range forecast that will enable the City to provide a viable level of services, manage debt, and maintain adequate reserves.
Implement the Downtown Action Plan in collaboration with the Downtown Reno Partnership.
Tier 2 Priorities
- Explore ways to partner with the private sector to fund and provide services to the homeless population.
- Complete a new Public Safety Center and identify options for the existing Police property.
- Cultivate alliances with regional partners, both public and private, to address mutual challenges and create opportunities for effective and efficient service delivery.
Enhance procedures to comprehensively evaluate the environmental, infrastructure, and service impacts/benefits of developments.
Implement the Master Plan to support revitalization of urban areas and well-designed neighborhoods.
Identify dedicated and creative funding sources for parks and recreation to address aging facilities, maintain parks and trails, and expand recreational opportunities.
Address flooding mitigation plan for the North Valley and Truckee Meadows areas, including evaluation of a stormwater utility.
- View the City of Reno Strategic Plan